The Russian Neutron Scattering Society (ROSNEUTRO) was founded at the XVIII Workshop on the use of neutron scattering techniques in condensed matter research (RNIKS-2004), which took place in Zarechny, Sverdlovsk Oblast from 12 to 16 October 2004.
The Russian Neutron Scattering Society comprises over 300 leading Russian scientists, who use the neutron scattering techniques in their professional activities. The Meetings of the Society are held regularly as part of the Russian national conference RNIKS - RNSIKS. ROSNEUTRO represents the Russian Federation in the European Neutron Scattering Association (ENSA).
During the ENSA meeting on 4 February 2016, the proposals to organize the VII European Conference on Neutron Scattering (ECNS-2019) in the summer of 2019 were presented by different countries. As a result of the meeting, the city of St. Petersburg, Russia was chosen as the host-city for the ECNS-2019. It is remarkable that such a significant conference on neutron research will be convened in Russia for the first time.
The six previous conferences were held in such countries of the European Union as Switzerland (Interlaken), Hungary (Budapest), France (Montpellier), Sweden (Lund), the Czech Republic (Prague), Spain (Zaragoza).
The membership in the Russian Neutron Scattering Society is open for everyone. If you employ the neutron scattering techniques in your scientific research, please join the Society and become its integral part.
Your active participation in ROSNEUTRO is of vital importance for the development of Russian science, because it will ensure:
- an effective representation of the Russian neutron community in the international field;
- the statement of necessities and needs of the Russian neutron community;
- support of the young members of the society with the participation in conferences organized by the Russian neutron centers;
- the acquisition of real objective statistical data regarding the number of neutron users in Russia.
You are welcome to become a member of the Russian Neutron Scattering Society!
- NRC "Kurchatov Institute" - Petersburg Nuclear Physics Institute, Deputy Director for International Activities; Saint Petersburg State University, Deputy Head of the Department of Nuclear Physical Research Methods, Professor.
- Doctor of Physico-Mathematical Sciences
Areas of expertise:
- Structure and magnetic properties of noncentrosymmetric cubic crystals; Investigation of nanostructures by small-angle diffraction of neutrons and synchrotron and X-ray radiation; Neutron interferometry.
- Mikhail Avdeev (Joint Institute for Nuclear Research, Dubna)
- Anatoliy Balagurov (Joint Institute for Nuclear Research, Dubna)
- Vladimir Voronin (NRC "Kurchatov Institute" - Petersburg Nuclear Physics Institute, Gatchina)
- Vladimir Ivanov (Kurnakov Institute of General and Inorganic Chemistry of the RAS, Moskow)
- Denis Kozlenko (Joint Institute for Nuclear Research, Dubna)
- Alexander Pirogov (M.N. Mikheev Institute of Metal Physics of the Ural Branch of the RAS, Ekaterinburg)
- Vyacheslav Em (NRC "Kurchatov Institute", Moskow)
- NRC "Kurchatov Institute" - Petersburg Nuclear Physics Institute, Laborant Assistant
- Joint Institute for Nuclear Research, Laboratory of Neutron Physics, Junior Researcher.